Sunday, September 24, 2006

Found Items


You all saw in my post about prepping for the kit to arrive at my doorstep, a cute little Beatrix Potter box. That box used to have a really cute set of books inside, but my DD, well let's just say they never found their way back in. So Mommy decided to recycle it, LOL!!

This is what I did to it....
1. Lightly sanded all outside surfaces of the box where I would be adhering paper.

2. I chose not to paint it only because the colors of the box worked well with the papers in the kit.

3. Measured and cut papers, using a thin layer of Mod Podge to adhere.

4. Sanded, measured & cut and adhered paper to front drawer .

5. When adhesive dried I lightly sanded the edges of all the paper.

6. Embellish!! I added rubons, a brass thingie as a drawer pull, and ribbon. I then added a final coat of Mod Podge to the entire box.

7. For the inside folders I found some mini file folders in my stash, but they were a little too small. What I did was trace them but add just enough to the outside edges to make them fit in the drawer properly.

There are 6 folders, 1 for every 2 months. I have to still make up little month cards to go inside the folders.

Happy Scrappin, Julie

1 comment:

kramer_buffy said...

OMG... this is adorable julie.